My two sons are big fans of sparkling lemonade. And since we got our SodaStream, Bubbly lemonade has become one of our staple drinks.
This is the recipe that we use, hope you like it.
Ingredients for a serving of 6:
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (Usually takes 6-7 Lemons)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups of Sparkling Water made from your SodaStream
- The first thing you are gonna need to do is to make a simple syrup.
- To do so add 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of boiling water
- Then mix until all the sugar has dissolved and then leave the syrup to cool down.
- Next, proceed to squeeze the juice out of the lemons, you can either use a juicer or just manually squeeze the lemons.
- Tip, to get more juice from your lemons, roll the lemons before squeezing them.
- Now you can add your lemon juice to your simple syrup
- And finally, add your ice cold sparkling water.
You can see how it’s done in the video below, just add sparkling water instead of normal water.
If you don’t have the time to make Lemonade you can always invest in SodaStream Syrups which are very easy to use and tastes really good.
There are two kinds of Lemonade Syrups and currently, both are available on Amazon who usually has them at good prices see links below:
These bottles of Syrup can make around 9-10 liter of lemonade which is around 9-10 SodaStream bottles, it takes half cork to make one bottle.
They both taste really good but in my opinion, the normal lemonade wins over the light lemonade.
You can learn more about SodaStream Syrups by clicking and reading my article on SodaStream Syrups and Flavors.
This Sparkling Lemonade Recipe was inspired from this website click to see original recipe all, credits due.
The main difference is that I use Sparkling water instead of normal water.
Benefits of Lemonade
1-Tons of Vitamin C
Lemons like most citrus fruits are packed with Vitamin C which has many benefits from helping to prevent cardiovascular disease, strokes and helping to manage blood pressure.
Vitamin C has also been shown to help reduce and prevent cold symptoms so if you are struggling with a cold lemonade might just be what the doctor ordered. Citation
One lemon contains 40 % of our daily recommended intake of Vitamin C. Citation.
2-Improves Skin Quality
Lemons can help improve skin quality by reducing wrinkles this is thanks to the high amounts of Vitamin C found in lemons.
3- Helps With Digestion
Lemons have been shown to help with bowel movement and can help if you are constipated.
4-Improves Your Breath
Lemons are also known to treat bad breath by increasing saliva production which flushes out the bacteria that causes bad breath.