This article will hopefully guide you on How to Change the SodaStream Gas Cylinder for the:
SodaStream: Jet, Source, Fizzi, Crystal, and Play,
1- How to Change the Gas Cylinder on the SodaStream Jet
- Firstly you need to remove the back cover of the SodaStream Jet.
- You can do this by pressing on the oval grey buttons on both sides of the back cover.
- Then slowly unscrew the old Cylinder from the machine and then take it out.
- After this, you need to prep your new SodaStream Cylinder.
- To do this you need to remove the plastic wrap on your new SodaStream Cylinder.
- Then remove the plastic cap by unscrewing it
- Next, insert the Gas Cylinder into the back of the SodaStream and screw it on the holder.
- Ensure that it is screwed on tightly.
- Finally, put the back cover on.
I found a short video that should help you, see below.
2- How to Change the Gas Cylinder for the SodaStream Source
- First, you need to remove the back cover of the SodaStream Source
- to do this you need to insert your finger on in hole on the back cover and then pull it outwards.
- then if there is any empty SodaStream Cylinder inside unscrew it and remove it.
- Then you need to get your new SodaStream Cylinder ready.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the new SodaStream cylinder.
- Next, unscrew the plastic cap from the SodaStream cylinder.
- Insert the cylinder into the SodaStream and screw it on tightly on the holder at the top of the back of the SodaStream.
- Finally put on the back cover on.
For more details, you can check out the Short Video below.
Now changing the Gas Cylinders for the Other SodaStream Models follow the same pattern as the two I described above.
The main difference being how the back cover is removed, everything is else is roughly the same, I did find some short videos, see below, for guidance on the SodaStream Crystal, SodaStream Play, SodaStream Power and SodaStream Genesis.
3- How to Change to the C02 Cylinder for the SodaStream Fizzi
4- How to Change the Gas Cylinder for the SodaStream Crystal
5- How to Change the Gas Cylinder for the SodaStream Play
Tips when Changing SodaStream Gas Cylinders
1-Don’t Use Any tools
SodaStream machines were designed to be used by anyone you don’t need any skills or tools to operate one or to change its gas cylinders.
It has no screws to be unscrewed, so you won’t need a screwdriver, none of the parts are too tightly fitted so no pliers needed.
Tools might actually damage the SodaStream so be careful and just trust your hands and intuition.
2-Ensure the Gas Cylinders are tightly screwed on
When you are screwing on the cylinders make sure that they are tightly screwed on if you don’t your SodaStream might not work, worst case scenario it might cause a CO2 gas leak.
3-Do Not Let Kids Change the Cylinders
I know I said anyone earlier but I really think you should leave this part to an adult who will take his or her time to ensure the gas cylinders are properly fitted.
Now if you are interested to Know How Long SodaStream Gas Cylinders would last for, you can check my article How Long Does a SodaStream Cylinders Really Last For with Must-Read tips on How to Make it Last Longer.