Ginger ale is one of my favorite drinks and after tons of trial and error, this is by far the best natural SodaStream Ginger Ale recipe I have tasted.
- 2 cups of chopped up ginger
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 5 cups of water
- Sparkling water made from your SodaStream or store-bought
- The First thing you are gonna need to do is, make your ginger ale syrup.
- To do so, you need to thoroughly wash your ginger, to get all the dirt out
- Then proceed to chop them up and placed them into a pot
- Next, add 5 cups of water and 2 cups of white sugar to your pot and then bring the water to a boil,
- Do not stir up the pot instead let it boil on its own if you do the ginger will get mashed up.
- Let it boil for 55 minutes and then remove the pot from the stove and filter out the syrup into a container to be stored in the fridge.
- Finally to make One glass of ginger ale, add 5 tablespoons of ginger syrup to 1 glass of sparkling water and mix.
- Make sure you add tons of ice to your ginger ale, enjoy.
You can check out the short video below for guidance on how to make your own ginger ale. All credits for this recipe goes to the Youtuber.
Benefits of Ginger Ale
The most common ingredient in ginger that gives it all its benefits is Gingerol and Zingibain which both gives ginger its distinct taste and benefits.
Benefits such as:
- Reliefs Upset stomach and Nausea
- Have antibacterial properties which are derived from the Zingibain Compound
- Ginger is used as an active ingredient in cold meds so it should be able to help relieve cold symptoms.
- Ginger has been shown to reduce muscle pain caused by exercise and overuse this is due to anti-inflammatory properties of ginger
- Ginger has also been shown to reduce cholesterol. Citation.
For more great recipes check out My article on The Best SodaStream Recipes
If you don’t have time to make your own Ginger Ale but still want to run away from Store Bought Sodas you might want to seriously consider SodaStream Syrups.
They contain a lot less sugar and calories than Store Bought Sodas and they taste pretty good.
Currently, for Ginger Ale, SodaStream has two Syrups both of which can be found on Amazon which usually have deals on them see links below:
One bottle of Syrup can make 9-10 liter of Ginger ale which is 9-10 SodaStream Bottles, to make a bottle you need half a cork of syrup.
To learn more about Syrups I highly advise you to click and read my article on The Best SodaStream Flavors