In this article, I am going to share with you Two Very Simple R
Let’s Jump into it.
1- Simple Sugar Syrup Recipe
You can see step by step how it’s done in the video above, and the measurements and written recipe down below.
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of water
Cilimentleaf / Bay Leaf – optional
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to your pot with your bay leaf and stir it up
- Then let your mixture boil until all the sugar granules have dissolved and your syrup has a thick texture
- Just remember the longer you boil the thicker the syrup will be when it has cooled
- Now once it has started to boil meaning the entire liquid is bubbling, you can time it for one minute then turn it off.
- Once it has boiled completely for that one minute – to know if it is finished check to see if there are any sugar granules left
- if you can’t see any granules you can add the food coloring of your choice.
- Proceed to stir the coloring into the syrup and once the syrup has a consistent color you can turn of the heat.
- Finally, let your syrup cool and now you can serve the syrup on your snow cone.
The bay leaf is purely optional it adds a unique flavor to your syrup also you can add orange peels as an alternative for a citrus flavor.
2-Strawberry / Fruity Snow Cones Syrup Recipe
In this recipe, I use extracts which can be found in a lot of grocery stores but I will also leave links to Amazon below where you can buy it.
Extracts are not like Kool-Aid they dont have that Kool-Aid taste instead you get a more distinct fruity taste though it will vary depending on the extract you use.
Plus this syrup will be thicker than the previous syrup.
- Food Coloring
- 2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of fruit extract.
- Add your sugar and water together into a pot and raise the heat to the highest.
- Now once the sugar has started to dissolve you can add your Extract and the Food coloring.
- Once the entire liquid has come to a boil meaning that the all the liquid is bubbling up, you need to time it for one minute before turning it off.
- Before you turn it off, check to see if any sugar granules are left
- If any can be seen let it boil a bit more.
- Now when all the sugar particles have dissolved you can turn the heat off
- And allow the syrup to cool
- Finally, once cooled down you can serve your syrup onto your snow cones.
Check out the video below to see step by step guide on how to make this syrup. This recipe was inspired by her, all credits to her.
Also links to find the fruit extracts are below.
Where to Find the Extracts
You can click on the links below to see the prices of these extracts on Amazon, its a struggle to find these extracts at grocery stores so I usually just buy them on Amazon.
I found five great flavors:
For 14 More Amazing Shaved Ice Syrup Recipe Click Here.
If you need some help on How to make really G